- 3 cups fresh + washed Wild Weeds (Chickweed, Violet leaf, Purple Archangel, Nettle)
- If using Nettle, you must blanch them first as they have tiny stinging hairs.
To blanch fresh Nettles – In large saucepan, over medium high heat, add Nettle leaves and 2-3 Tbsp of water. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook until all leaves have wilted and turned dark green, about 2 minutes. Remove cooked nettle.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (toasted)
- Place everything for this Wild Weed Pesto (except the olive oil) into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it turns into a puree, but on the chunky side.
- Slowly add the olive oil.
- Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- Serve on crackers, pesto pasta, or use as a base for a pizza sauce.